Friday, June 7, 2013

Grilled Honey Lime Chicken


Lots of people use ground beef as a kitchen staple, but I prefer to use chicken.  I'm always looking for flavorful main dishes that incorporate chicken because it is inexpensive, tasty, and better-for-you.  I pinned this recipe from Cooking Classy a while back.  The weather was great, so I decided to fire up the grill.

This Honey Lime Chicken turned out yummy, and I only marinated my tenderloins for 45 minutes.  Next time I make it, however, I will be planning ahead of time and marinating my chicken overnight.  I used chicken breast tenderloins which are about the size of a chicken strip, but this recipe would also work well with breasts or cutlets. 

To complete this meal, I roasted some green beans and fried up some potatoes.






Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Marinade

1/4 c. fresh lime juice + 1 T.
1/4 c. honey
2 T lime zest
2 T EVOO
1 T soy sauce
2 T brown sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. onion powder
1/8 t. cayenne pepper

Whisk all ingredient together.  Reserve about 1/3 c. in a separate container to brush on in the last minutes of grilling.  Pour remaining marinade over 1.5-2 lbs chicken.  (I think I made about 12 tenderloins)  Marinate overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment